feel the feelings  

Posted by Zimmerman Stein in , , , , , , , , , ,


"the easiest way to deal with feelings infected with guilt has been to deny the feelings. for many of us this has been crucial to maintaining self-esteem and keeping our optimism high enough to go on with life. the problem with this is that denied feelings don't go away, they submerge and stay unconscious. this creates an opening for the split off parts of us (that experienced the feelings and are now unconscious) to repeat destructive or unwanted patterns of behavior.

denial is only a coping mechanism. real healing can come only when the feelings are felt and the guilt is confronted and removed. although the suggested practice that follows is very easy to do, it can facilitate very deep healing..."

1. "I release the judgment that I must hate myself because I ____"
2. "I release the judgment that I am bad because I ____"
3. "I release the judgment that ____ is bad or wrong."
4. "I release the judgment that I am in fact ____"

we're all innocent.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at Wednesday, September 16, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment